The problem of rapid hair loss and baldness which was mainly restricted to the middle-aged men, in the past is now a growing problem amongst the Indian youth today. There are of course many factors which cause the same. Could stress be one of them? According to the hair transplant experts of Kolkata, the answer is yes, it could. Let us see how this might happen.
How excessive stress causes rapid hair loss?
We now live in times, when life for most has become very fast and hectic. Gone are the days of the 9 to 5 jobs. For many, it is a 24 X 7 Work schedule. This leaves them little time for rest. Apart from this, they are under immense stress. All these factors combine to take their toll on their health including rapid hair loss and baldness.
This excessive stress could lead to hormonal imbalances in the body and raise one’s anxiety levels. These often trigger problems of rapid hair loss.
According to a major study in this regard carried out recently it was found out that stress inhibits hair growth by inducing catagen. This is a phase where hair growth stops in the hair cycle and the hair gets damaged. It was concluded that prolonged levels of stress can thus lead to hair fall.
Apart from excessive stress, lack of proper sleep too could be a contributing factor for rapid hair loss. Along with this one’s genetics, diet and lifestyle habits also come into play. If your hair loss has just started, you can still arrest it to some extent by following the following tips:
Few tips for prevention of rapid hair loss:
- Getting at least 8 hours of sleep every day
- You could try meditation or yoga, just to relax and calm your mind
- It has been seen that regular head massage too can help. This helps to improve blood circulation which in turns helps to prolong the life of the hair follicles.
- In case you are a regular smoker, then you must cut down on your smoking as smoking causes rapid hair loss
- You need to visit a reliable hair trichologist who could help to treat the problem.