Whether you are very fashionable or otherwise but hair colouring is almost a fashion statement for everyone. However it is seen that frequent hair colouring which usually have strong chemicals may damage your hair in the long run. So in case you have your hair coloured quite regularly it is important that you take proper care of the same. Once you have got your hair coloured you must maintain a regular hair care regimen to prevent the harmful effects of hair colouring. You need to know that after undergoing hair colour, shampooing your hair will be a task.
Hair Colouring – Important Points to Consider
The following are some important points which you must keep in mind while shampooing:
- You must realize that your hair colour is going to bleed every time you wash your hair, till the time the colour of hair is completely gone.
- While washing your coloured hair you must be aware of the fact that the water rushing out of your hair could ruin everything it comes in contact with it. So be careful that your expensive clothes do not come in contact with it.
- In case you are doing the hair colouring yourself, it is best that you use a pair of gloves, especially if you are hair colours like dark purple , red ,etc.
- While having your hair roots coloured you need to be careful and make sure that you wash your scalp well. This is because any residue remaining on the scalp may cause irritation and flakiness of the scalp. The hair roots can become vulnerable as a result leading to rapid loss of hair. So make sure that after hair colouring your hair your scalp is clean and there is no irritation.
- It is advisable not to use hot water for washing your hair. You need to realize that the strong chemicals present in many hair colours may make your hair very dry. With hot water there could be further damage and thus it is best to avoid.
- You need to condition your hair well so that it does not look rough.
So these are few tips on how you can care for your colored hair.