Eyelashes are an important part of our eyes. Long, lavish eyelashes make our eyes look pretty and protect them from dust particles and grit. Nowadays women apply mascara and false eyelashes to enhance their appearance. However, people with very sparse or missing eyelashes can’t fix them with just makeup or extensions. Doing an eyelash hair transplant surgery can prove to be beneficial in this situation.
Causes of Eyelash Hair loss?
People can lose eyelashes due to a number of factors. Some of these include
- Medical treatments like Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy for treating cancer.
- Surgical treatments which result in the removal of hair follicles.
- Trichotillomania – Compulsively plucking your eyelashes.
- Physical traumas like accidents or burns wounds.
- Congenital atrichia.
- Skin diseases.
How is an Eyelash Hair Transplant performed?
The steps required for an eyelash hair transplant surgery are outlined below -
- Local Anesthesia is applied to the area.
- Then the surgeon take the donor hairs from the scalp and implants them into the eyelid.
- The hair grafts are placed properly to prevent trichiasis and are angled perfectly to give a natural appearance.
- Normally 20-50 hairs are transplanted and it can take anywhere from 1-3 hours to complete a session.
- To achieve the best result 1-3 sessions are required depending on the results required and the characteristics of the hair.
What to expect from Hair Transplant Surgeon?
Itching and mild swelling around the eyes are pretty common for the first few days. The Hair surgeon may provide some medications to resolve any side effect that may arise from the Eyelash surgery. The transplanted hair shed after about 2 weeks and then start to regrow after 3 months. Since they are scalp hairs they will continue to grow for a lifetime. Thus proper maintenance and regular trimming is required from there on.
To achieve the best possible results you should always consult with an experienced hair transplant surgeon first. Doctor Jayanta Kumar Saha of Byebyebaldy is a certified plastic surgeon in Kolkata. Book an appointment to know more.